Becoming an Accountant at Garritano
As an Accountant, you are part of a team that supports the back office operations of our clients. You will be challenged to look at numbers differently and to help guide clients in accounting, finance, business, and personal matters. You will help collect, analyze, and report critical information to help clients make informed and powerful decisions.
If you think you might be our next Accountant, then keep reading…
- Perform inputting, bank & credit card reconciliations, and posting journal entries for clients
- Assist in year-end planning for businesses and high-net-worth individuals
- Process quarterly and annual payroll tax returns, using QuickBooks, and/or outside payroll tax services
- Process employee paychecks for clients, including calculating payroll tax deposit requirements
- Respond to federal and state tax notices for clients and relevant research
- Responsible for compliance audits, bookkeeping, and other routine accounting tasks
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership, and S-corp tax returns of various complexities
- Perform, document, and present research to your team on various topics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience in public accounting.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Organized and eager to learn.
- Able to handle assignments confidential in nature.
- A team player and great communicator.
- Able to produce high-quality work in a timely manner.
- Having the utmost attention to detail and client service.
You are Probably Someone Who:
- Cares about helping people.
- Is professional, honest, and flexible.
- Enjoys collaborating with your team.
- Is proactive in solving problems.
- Can ask for help.
- Is comfortable talking to people.
- Enjoys constantly growing & developing.
- Is eager to help those around you grow & develop.
- Likes to help elevate your team members.
- Is comfortable with technology.
Bonus Points If You:
- Have or are pursuing your CPA license.
- Have worked with Lacerte tax software.
- Are advanced in working in Excel and/or Power BI.
- Have experience working with ADP.